Friday, October 1, 2010

12 Weeks of Christmas Crafting - Week 1

Hello everyone.  I hope you are having a great Friday.  This is Week 1 of my 12 Weeks of Christmas Crafting.  I love this project.  It is one I did at retreat on September 25 so not hard at all!.  It is Christmas Pillowcases using our beautiful new fabrics.  I'm thinking of making some of these for Christmas gifts this year. 




What you will need for this project is as follows:
 Pillowcase of your choosing
A hot iron
1/8" taffeta ribbon in real red (119251) $5.95
Candy Cane Big Designer Buttons (121718) $8.98
Candy Cane Christmas Designer Fabric (121715) $9.95
Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439) $99.95
Extended Cutting Pads (113478) $19.95
Tasteful Trim Bigz XL Die (120893) $42.95
Big Shot Fabric Adhesive Roll (122194) $14.95

1.  Simply iron the adhesive onto your fabric.
2.  Die cut the fabric using the Big Shot and the Tasteful Trim die.  To make longer strips, fold the fabric in half before cutting.  Notice the bottom trim piece is actually the in-between on the die.  I like the shape! 
3.  Then peel the transfer sheet off and iron the fabric onto the pillowcase. I did use straight pins to line up my trims before ironing them.
4.  I wanted to give it a little extra so on one side of the pillowcase I ran the taffeta ribbon through the buttons and tied a bow and then sewed them on the pillowcase in my designed position. 
It is a very easy project and I saw so many cute ideas using this method.  Other people at the retreat were decorating tote bags, aprons, tshirts and most anything else you can imagine.   Let your creativity go wild.  Have fun and let me know if you need my help or have questions. 

You can go here to order your supplies: http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment